Founded in 1861, LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) is the oldest drama school in the UK. LAMDA started to offer examinations in speech and drama to the public over 130 years ago.
The process of preparing for and succeeding in a LAMDA examination essentially helps learners, whatever their ages or aspirations, to develop a broad range of skills that will serve them throughout life. Across the range, LAMDA examinations develop a learner’s ability to:
• read easily, fluently and with good understanding
• expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
• improve confidence in speaking and listening
• memorise and recall information
• research and create persuasive formal presentations
• create and defend arguments
• engage in constructive informal conversation
• work both on his/her own and participate as a member of a team.
All LAMDA examinations are rooted in encouraging participants to develop a love of literature, poetry and drama and thus improve standards of communication through the spoken word. This syllabus provides a wide range of opportunities to do so.
At The Chelmsford Drama Centre, we offer comprehensive LAMDA lessons with experienced LAMDA teachers. We are extremely proud of our 100% pass rate, with all our students achieving Merits and Distinctions. Students will all receive vocal exercises to improve clarity and diction of the voice, skills to project the voice as well as the performance skills required to achieve great success with LAMDA exams. Classes numbers are limited as the individual care of each student is paramount.
For even more information on LAMDA, please visit their website.